This is my first solo blog, it's not going to be perfect, it is going to be about politics and I hope we all have some healthy debate and I hope I can inspire a few of you to seek out more information if you want it.
I will try to provide links to support my opinions, and I will do my best to present reliable information.
I am extremely concerned about the condition of the United States media, the lack of real information we're receiving, the outright mistruths that pass as "News", and the propagandizing of the American people by not only our media, but by our legislators, previous presidents and the corporations they are beholden to. Our country is a mess, and we must fight to clean it up.
I'm concerned that so many of us are becoming apathetic to the world around us while we're struggling to make it through on a daily basis. This isn't completely our fault, but things are getting worse. I get that we've been worn down to the nub with bad news, and having been scammed and had elections stolen and seeing our 401k plans disappear while the rich get richer. So much of the bad news was preventable, or worse yet, planned that way. We can't ignore our surroundings and hope things will change, we have to pay attention and fight to achieve that change. Fighting doesn't have to be nasty, or protesting on the street, a lot of it can be done from the comfort of the glare of your computer screen and keyboard or your phone. It's really quite easy to be involved.
I'm going to do my best to be diligent and at least post something each day, sometimes it'll be a long-form rant, other days I might just share something I've read or link to something I've signed and encourage you to sign too. I"m working on being more disciplined!
No comments:
Post a Comment